12855 S.W. 132nd Street, Suite 203, Miami, Florida 33186

Miami Divorce Attorney

305-378-1414 305-378-1414

Employment Authorization Documents

Miami Attorney for Employment Authorization Documents

Assisting applicants for employment-based immigration

The U.S. economy relies on thousands of foreign workers annually to fill essential positions in numerous industries. While foreign workers are most welcome, they must obtain permission to work legally in the United States. Since admission requirements and conditions are different for each employment category, it’s helpful to have an experienced immigration attorney managing your application. Whether you’re an employer sponsoring one or more workers, or you’re a highly skilled professional qualified to self-petition, the Law Offices of Arthur D. Lake, LLC can provide the knowledgeable representation to make a difference in your application. We also thoroughly educate our clients about U.S. immigration law, so you can avoid any missteps that could jeopardize your status.

Help for temporary and permanent workers

Foreign workers can enter the United States on a temporary basis as a nonimmigrant or permanently as an immigrant. Temporary workers obtain work permits, while immigrants receive green cards, indicating their status as permanent residents. Temporary workers have a fixed period of time to be in the United States and cannot overstay under penalty of law.

The first hurdle: Labor certification

Some employment-based immigration categories and all temporary work categories require certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. The prospective employer files an attestation regarding the number of U.S. workers who can do the job the applicant seeks and what effect employing an alien would have on wages and labor conditions for U.S. workers. When the Department of Labor grants certification, the employer then files an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the appropriate employment-based preference category. Applicants who can demonstrate extraordinary abilities in the Employment First preference category may file their own petitions. Since Form I-140 has detailed instructions and requirements, an attorney familiar with U.S. immigration laws can save you time and expense while maximizing your chances of approval.

Required documentation for foreign workers

Applicants for employment-based immigration must compile the following documents:

  • Passport from country of origin, valid for 60 days beyond the visa expiration date
  • Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, or Online Immigrant Visa Application and Registration, Form DS-260
  • Two (2) 2×2 photographs
  • Civil documents, including birth certificates, marriage certificates, military records, etc.
  • Affidavit of support attesting that the applicant will not become a public charge
  • Medical examination and vaccination forms

Contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney for a free consultation if retained

If you have questions regarding the necessary documentation for employment-based immigration, ask the Law Offices of Arthur D. Lake, LLC. To discuss your issues, call 305-378-1414 or contact the Miami office onlineto schedulea free initial consultation.

Quick Contact Form

Contact Our Firm

Please fill out the form below to have someone from the firm contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Nav Map