12855 S.W. 132nd Street, Suite 203, Miami, Florida 33186

Miami Divorce Attorney

305-378-1414 305-378-1414

Green Cards

Honest and Reliable Miami Green Card Lawyer

Fellow immigrant assists you with permanent residency status

A green card is the legal documentation you need to enjoy permanent resident status in the United States. It is a major step toward the ultimate goal of countless immigrants: U.S. citizenship. The Law Offices of Arthur D. Lake, LLC helps would-be immigrants in the South Florida, Miami-Dade area apply for residency through:

  • Marriage
  • The applicant’s family
  • A job offer
  • Current employment
  • Investment in the U.S. economy
  • Refugee or asylum status
  • Self-petition

There are many Miami green card attorneys who can help you fill out an application. But Arthur Lake is a true advocate who is dedicated to your success. As an immigrant himself, Attorney Lake understands your dreams of building a better life in America for yourself and your family. Few permanent residency lawyers have actually been through the process themselves; Miami immigration attorney Arthur Lake has.

Obtaining a green card through a job offer or current employment

If you’ve received an offer of permanent employment in the United States, you may be eligible for a green card. Your would-be employer must file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. Your job offer might require certification from the U.S. Department of Labor, showing there are not enough U.S. workers in that geographic area to fill the position. It helps if your job offer comes in a highly skilled profession where the demand exceeds the supply of workers. Attorney Arthur Lake can assist you and your employer with all necessary filings.

Special categories of jobs

Specialized jobs allow an applicant to get a green card. These include:

  • Afghan/Iraqi translator
  • Broadcaster
  • International organization employee
  • Iraqi who assisted the U.S. government
  • NATO-6 nonimmigrant
  • Panama Canal employee
  • Physician national interest waiver
  • Religious worker

Obtaining your green card through self-petition

You may file for yourself without a sponsor if you qualify as an “individual of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics” or have obtained a national interest waiver. You are not required to have a job offer, but you must be able to demonstrate a noteworthy level of accomplishment.

Applying from within the United States

A nonimmigrant living in the United States, such as a guest worker, can become a permanent resident through “adjustment of status.” This is a specific filing for consideration to change your nonimmigrant visa for a green card, getting you one step closer to citizenship.

Schedule a free consultation if retained with a qualified and caring green card attorney in Miami, FL

Visit the Law Offices of Arthur D. Lake, LLC for professional and personalized immigration services. Call 305-378-1414 or contact the firm’s Miami office online to schedule a free initial consultation.

Quick Contact Form

Contact Our Firm

Please fill out the form below to have someone from the firm contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Nav Map